Some people just cannot get enough of these vegan tacos, so you may want to double the recipe and save some for tomorrow’s lunch.
If you have a nut allergy simply replace the walnuts with chopped cauliflower (the cauliflower will not keep as long as the nuts). Oh well, great things don’t last forever.
How accomplished will you feel when you eat some tacos that satisfy your taco craving yet it was made with some nuts or a vegetable? Making these and sharing them without telling people they are meat-free is really fun. It is like they can’t tell til you say something, then they seem offended that you can make it taste just like a taco.
Aren’t you ever so clever? Either way, all will be impressed with this Vegan Taco recipe.
- 2 cups Organic Walnuts chopped
- 1 tbsp Organic Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp Organic Coriander
- 1 tsp Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Organic Tamari low sodium
- 2 cups Organic Spinach julienne or chopped to top taco (optional)
- 1 cup Organic Carrots shredded for topping taco (optional)
- 3 small Organic Limes to serve with your tacos
- Put the walnuts in a food chopper/processor (or chop yourself) until chunky. In a medium glass mixing bowl, mix the ground walnuts, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and cayenne. Add the tamari last and mix again.
- Warm the Tortillas on the oven rack for a minute or two. Lay them in your glass baking dish and smear a small amount of the heated refried beans on each tortilla, then add the desired amount of Vegan Taco meat on top of the beans. Heat in the oven for 6 minutes.
- Once you take them out, add a spoonful of the organic salsa on the top of the meat and lightly smear in with the back of your spoon. Add your avocado chunks on top. Then add a pinch of the chopped or julienne spinach and a pinch of the shredded carrots on top. Serve with a slice of lime to squeeze on top.