What is better than No Bake Cookies? How about Chocolate Dairy Free No Bake Cookies?!? I know… I read your mind and you are welcome. 😉
These really are the “bee’s knees”, sweet and delicious. We included chia seeds which are packed with Omega 3s and cacao powder both of which are rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, copper, zinc, phosphorus, manganese, and potassium.
I really like Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter with these. It is a staple in our diet.
This No Bake Cookies recipe was adapted from Maria Genry’s Go Dairy Free The Guide and Cookbook
- 3½ cups gluten free oats
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened dairy free milk (Ripple or Silk's Nut Protein)
- ½ cup smooth almond butter or sunflower seed butter (tahini)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 2 tsp Madagascar vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Whisk the coconut oil, coconut sugar, cacao powder and dairy free milk into a saucepan (4-quart) until you get the lumps out.
- Put on medium heat and bring to a rolling boil for one minute.
- Turn off the heat to stir in the oats, vanilla, and almond butter.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the cookie mixture on to some wax paper.
- Allow the cookies to cool and enjoy with some dairy free milk!